Imagine you wake up in the winter morning and walk out of bed barefoot. The cold floor will make you tremble and freeze. Why don’t you cover it with a warm and soft carpet?
If you don’t know how to choose area rug for bedroom, it’s time to find the answer with us.
Why Should We Use An Area Rug For The Bedroom?
You can have your own reasons for putting a carpet in the bedroom, but we will list some popular features that an area rug can offer.
- It can work as a decorative item when you arrange other furniture, such as a tea table or a bedside table. It looks more highlighted.
- It offers a soft and warm floor in the winter.
- It prevents dirt from sticking to the floor.
- It prevents other furniture from scratching the floor.
- It spaces up the room if you know how to choose area rug for bedroom and position it properly.
- It’s reusable. You can change it to another room. If you move to another house, you can reuse it many times.
- It’s easy to maintain. You can wash it at home at a low cost.
A shaggy white carpet for a simple bedroom
How To Choose Area Rug For Bedroom
Size And Shape
There are many area rug shapes you can consider. Among them, circles, rectangles, and squares are the most popular. They can fit any room’s size. While rectangular and square carpets can cover almost any space, a circle should be used to fulfill the room’s middle area or one second of the bed.
If your bedroom is small, let’s opt for 4 x 6 feet, 5 x 8 feet, 6 x 9 feet, or 9x 12 feet, depending on the exact space. We will give you the details of how to arrange the area rug properly in the next part.
Each material has its own perks and downside. It would help if you considered it before buying a carpet.
- Cotton: Cotton is soft, flexible, and light-weighted. You can wash it with a washing machine if it’s small.
- Wool: If you love the softness and warmness, you should pick this material. However, it attacks dirt and needs maintenance with great effort.
- Leather: Luxurious but pricey for sure.
- Silk: Another premium carpet with a soft and smooth feel. Similar to leather, it’s expensive and vulnerable.
- Synthetics: Instead of choosing a 100% human-made material, you should choose a synthetic and natural fabric mixture for your carpet. This mixture is more durable and varies in colors and patterns.
Pile refers to how thick your rug will be. There are two types of piles, including the low-profile one and the high-profile one. While the former is thin and durable, the latter is thick and soft. As a result, the low-profile carpet can suffer in high-traffic areas, and its opposite design is favorable to low-traffic spaces.
Normally, the bedroom should choose the latter, which is more comfortable and enjoyable for your private space.
If it’s a warm and cozy room, you can pick a plain carpet with neutral tones such as beige, white, or gray. On the other hand, you can go maximalism with colorful and sophisticated patterns.
Besides, the mix and match between the rug and other furniture is also a point to think about.
The concept of the bedroom area rug must match your space concept. You can think of elegant ideas, minimalist concepts, maximalist concepts, or even cartoon concepts.
If your room follows a princess theme, we would prefer to choose a shaggy white carpet to neutralize the space. You can also opt for pink if you wish. Not only girly things but men’s bedrooms can also come with a muscular style with the right carpet.
How To Position The Area Rug In A Bedroom
You can manage to put it properly depending on your purposes, room size, and carpet size. If you have a modest space, you can position the area rug with a ratio of one-third, two-thirds, or fully under your bed. On the other hand, your room offers enormous vacant space; you can put it in the middle of the room.
No matter how you arrange it, you should be aware of some notes below:
- You must ensure clearance for doors, including the main door and toilet door.
- If the rug is two-thirds under the bedroom, you should not put any furniture on it
- Spare some space for the walls
That’s how to choose area rug for bedroom. It depends on your space size, style, and concept. At the same time, the material and pile are also important factors to consider before bringing a rug home.
We also provide other articles for opting for proper carpets for living rooms, dining rooms, and other spaces in your house. Follow us to get more information.