How exciting it is to decorate your house with beautiful furniture! You can add plants to make it green and airy or put some cute and small accessories. Another popular item is area rugs.
It’s a useful tip to beautify the space with less effort that not many people know. So, how to choose area rug for living room? Let’s follow our guidelines in this article.
Why Should We Use An Area Rug For The Living Room?
Area rugs offer many beneficial features to your living space in general and your living room in specific.
- Area rugs define your space. They will create a clear layout and boundary to other parts of the room. Using these items makes your room look tidy, and you can arrange furniture logically and aesthetically.
- Spotlight your items. With an accent color or interesting patterns, the rug will make all interiors on it highlighted and eye-catching.
- An area rug prevents dirt from sticking to the floor, a practical function. It’s really helpful if you have a wooden floor which charges time and money to cleanse perfectly.
- Walking on the area rug is much better than the bare floor. It’s soft, warm, and comfy in the cold weather.
- The rug will prevent other furniture from scratching the floor.
- It’s so flexible and reusable that you can change its place, from room to room and from house to house.
- Rug maintenance doesn’t take much effort. You can clean it at home easily and quickly.
It would be best if you had an area rug in your living room for many reasons. Let’s move to the next part to find out three factors you must know before bringing a carpeted home.
How To Choose Area Rug For Living Room
The room size matters, and so does the rug’s size. The area rug has four standard sizes, including 6 x 9, 8 x 10, 9 x 12, and 10 x 14 feet. Depending on how large your living room is, you can choose a suitable one or even two or more. If you want a specific area rug for your house, you can order it from a customization shop.
So, how to choose area rug for your living room with the right size?
It’s an absolutely soft and comfy underfoot rug. You can consider a costly silk one. If you want to save your budget, try a wool-made area rug. You will find yourself walking in the cloud! Cozy and fluffy, but it gets dirty quickly.
Cotton is also a popular material for the living room’s area rug. It is a heat keeper in the chill weather and an ideal texture for summertime. On the one hand, washing this type of area rug is just a piece of cake!
What about synthetic fiber materials? You will find nylon, polyester, or viscose for your decorative item. All of them are affordable and durable. Moreover, they are stain-resistant and maintenance-friendly. Thanks to their human-made characteristics, they offer various colors and patterns, and you will absolutely love them.
A vivid rug design for a joyful space
Colors and patterns are usually put first when choosing an area rug for your living room. However, we put it third because if it’s not fit your house, it’s a waste. If it’s not good, it’s no use.
Depending on your style, you can opt for different ones. Let’s set up a plain and grey item if it’s a minimalist living room. If it’s a joyful space, move to accent colors like scarlet, cobalt, or dark green.
For patterns, it’s better to choose a plain one. You can also consider a boho style to match the overall design.
How To Position The Area Rug In The Living Room
It’s up to your purpose to arrange the rug, but there are three popular practices we’d love to share.
The number one tip is to spare at least 4 to 8 inches of bare floor on each side, which means your rug will be in the middle of the room. Then, arrange your sofa and tea table on it. Making them fully inside the carpet is unnecessary, but it looks much better if you can fit them.
Next, be aware of dangerous areas in your living room. The fireplace and water purifier are two examples.
The final one, put it in high-traffic areas, especially in winter. You and your family can enjoy the rug and skip the cold bare floor.
Now you know how to choose area rug for living room and position it properly. If you have any concerns about decorating your house, feel free to reach out, and do not forget to follow us for the upcoming useful tips! See you!